Does your phone still lack something? Did you know that you can modify your devices accordingly? If not, then we got your back. In this article, we have furnished an ultimate guide to how to root Realme 8i using Magisk.
You can customize your device accordingly and achieve the maximum from your primary restricted phone. Your Realme 8i has the optimum potential, but it is limited. However, you can achieve the best with some modifications through the steps that we have mentioned in the following part of the Root Realme 8i article. So consider reading the entire Root Realme 8i article to learn more.
- 1 Realme 8i Overview
- 2 What is Magisk?
- 3 What is Rooting?
- 4 Is it safe to root the device?
- 5 Advantages and Disadvantages of Rooting
- 6 Pre-requisites
- 7 The process to Root Realme 8i Using Magisk
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 FAQ’s
Realme 8i Overview
Realme 8i presents two navigation modes as Gesture and Navigation buttons. In concern with the gesture mode, the user can hide the gesture guide bar and also enable vibration on back navigation. Realme has even delivered a Mistouch precluding that prevents mistouches in the landscape mode.
It is also considered one of the best mobile phones in the gadgets segment. Its fantastic features include a 48MP primary rear camera, 20W fast charging, and a 6.3-inch 1080 x 2340 display.
Must Read – Root Realme V11
What is Magisk?
Magisk is a free and open-source software that is available for rooting android. It supports devices running Android 6 and above.
Magisk allows its users can install different improvements and customizations, creating a widespread preference for Android users. Besides, Magisk has a built-in app called Magisk, which permits users to manage root approvals and install different modules.
What is Rooting?
Roofing refers to a process in which the users of the devices are not just restricted to their usage but can instead modify or alter the operating system of the devices and allow the core files.
The prime purpose of this whole process is to remove the restrictions that the manufacturer fixes at the time of manufacturing the device. However, this enables the users to modify and delete anything that is not necessary from the ROM of their device.
As soon as the rooting is accomplished, the admin is given some privileges, which helps one to have complete control over all the settings in the devices. This also refers to removing bloatware which will be much more feasible than previously.
Is it safe to root the device?
It is safe to root the device as it enables one’s entry into various restricted areas and tools. This acts as a game changer in your device when you do the rooting, and you can get the maximum from your phone for the best. Therefore one can go and root Realme 8i device.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Rooting
- Simple to install Custom ROMs
- Flash Magisk Modules
- Extracting pre-installed OEM apps
- Ad-blocking for all apps
- Installing incompatible apps
- Better display options and internal storage
- It provides excellent battery life and speed
- Bringing in full device backups
- Entry to system files
- CPU Clocking
- Better tweaking
- It might brick your device
- No longer warranty
- Root and superuser entry
- Tweaking risks
- Causes Ad-blocking
- Problems with updation
Before you even begin with the rooting procedure, you need to make sure that you are ready with the prerequisites beforehand, which we have mentioned below.
- This whole process of rooting android will swab off all the data from your Realme 8i device, so it is essential to have a backup of crucial information and files
- Make sure your device has complete charging, to begin with the whole process to ensure that no errors occur in between the process
- Before you begin with the process, you need to download and install ADB drivers, or else your phone will not be recognized by the system.
The process to Root Realme 8i Using Magisk
Here is a simple procedure that we have presented to you in the below steps. Follow the steps for the easy and convenient installation and download:
Step 1: Unlock Bootloader
- Connect your gadget to the PC system using a USB cable. Ensuring that USB debugging is enabled.
- Now go over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and click Enter. This will take off the Command Prompt.
- Now type in the below command in the CMD window. This will enable you to boot your device to the fastboot mode.
- Once your device gets booted to Fastboot, type in the following command to open the device’s bootloader.
- You will now receive a verification message on your phone. Use the Volume keys to accentuate the option- Unlock the Bootloader. Then click the Power key to confirm your decision.
- This is all! The bootloader on your Realme 8i is now open. Use the below command to reboot your device to Android OS:
- As the device boots up, set it up using your Google Account and move with the next batch of instructions to root the Realme 8i.
Step 2: Patch Stock Boot Image File via Magisk
- Install the Magisk Manager APK onto your Realme 8i device. You might have to enable Installation from Unknown sources as well.
- Now, transfer the stock boot.img file to your device’s internal storage.
- Take off the Magisk Manager APK and tap the Install button next to the “Magisk is not installed” message.
- In the next popup that appears, tap on Install followed by Select and Patch a File.
- Now browse to the stock boot.img file and select it.
- Magisk will start patching the file, which will take a few seconds. Once that is completed, you will get an “All Done” message.
- Once this is accomplished, go over to the Downloads folder, and you will see the magisk_patched—img file.
Step 3: Flashing Patched Boot Image File
- Transmit the magisk_patched.img to the platform tools folder on your PC.
- Attach your gadget to the PC system via a USB cable. Make sure USB debugging has been enabled.
- Now enclose the Command prompt window inside the platform-tools folder (by typing in CMD in its address bar). Type in the below command to boot your device to fastboot mode.
- Enforce the below power in the CMD window to review for the current-active slot:fastboot getvar current-slot
- If you obtain current-slot: a, then use the below command:
fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched.img
- While if the outcome turns out to be current-slot:b, then this command will be convenient:
fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched.img
- As soon as the patching of the boot file has been displayed, your device will be successfully rooted. You may directly reboot your device to the system
- Now you can undertake the Magisk Manager APK, and the status will show “Magisk is up to date.”
Altogether, that is a wrap to this article that discussed how to root Realme 8i using Magisk. This article root Realme 8i using Magisk has a complete guide to the rooting android procedure. We hope you liked and found this root Realme 8i using Magisk article helpful. Also, stay tuned with us for the latest updates that are coming your way.
Q: Can I modify the operating system of my device by rooting android?
A: Yes, you can undoubtedly modify the operating system of your device by rooting android for the best.
Q: Do I need to back up the documents before rooting?
A: Yes, backing up your important data and files is crucial before rooting, as rooting may wipe off the necessary data.
Q: Do I need a fully charged device for rooting?
A: Your device must be fully charged, or at least 75% should be shared, to begin with, the rooting process.
Q: What happens when I root my device?
A: The rooting process will enable you to access the restricted entries and gives you sufficient privileges as a user.
Q: Can I still use the warranty after rooting my device?
A: Unfortunately, you cannot avail of the warranty after rooting your device due to the company’s written policies.