Do you want to take the maximum from your Android cameras? And do you not know how to do so? Then this article is undoubtedly for you. This article will enable you to get the most out of the cameras on your Android devices, and cameras are a necessary feature of phones these days. Besides that, this article will enlighten you about “How to check camera2 API support on any Android device”? So stay tuned and read till the end to discern more.
Technology has evolved through many better phases through its advancement, and now we can see that we can achieve everything in just one click and are in the content stage.
These days, if we are considering purchasing a new phone, the first thing we will look for is the quality of the camera. Then comes the battery, storage, and stuff. Moreover, cameras nowadays come with excellent quality and stand out from other phone features.
- 1 What is camera2 API support?
- 2 Can I certainly check camera2 API support on my Android device?
- 3 How to check camera2 API support on any Android devices?
- 4 How to check camera2 API support on any Android device through ADB Commands?
- 5 Perks of camera2 API support
- 6 FAQ’s
- 7 Wrapping up
What is camera2 API support?
Camera2 API Application Programming Interface Support is an attribute that provides the users to get the accessibility to other features through software. Google presented it for the first time on Android 5.0 Lollipop. This was introduced to extend the quality of the camera while controlling other features like autofocus, ISO, RAW Capture, and more.
With the help of the Camera2 API, one can derive the maximum benefit from the camera sensor. Users can also achieve features like HDR and similar features on Android phones. Besides this, it also allows better control of sensors towards different parts.
Must Read – GCam Apk
Can I certainly check camera2 API support on my Android device?
Yes, if you are an Android user looking to enhance the quality of your camera, then Camera2 Application Programming Interface (API) Support is a real game changer for you as it can be achieved in a few simple steps along with the excellent quality of the camera to some extent.
How to check camera2 API support on any Android devices?
If you have a question about “How to check camera2 API support on any Android device”? Then we got your back. Well, there are a few easy, manageable steps that need to be followed to achieve a camera with exceptional quality like never before, and the steps are mentioned below.
- The first and prime step is to install a Camera2 API Prove App, and before installing, the OS will provide the details of whether or not your phone supports the application. If it helps, then go ahead and install the application. Click on Install and wait until it is done.
- Once you install the app, the interface will display different details in the camera2 API. The camera unit is split into “Camera ID: 0,” donated for the rear camera module, and “Camera ID: 1”, which generally means selfie lens.
You can see the camera ID right below, and you need to check the Hardware support level in both cameras to understand better. This way, you will know whether your device supports Camera2 API. There are four levels that you will see in that category, and each of them is defined as follows:
- Level_3: This refers to the CameraAPI2 providing additional benefits for the camera hardware, which comprises RAW images, YUV reprocessing, and more.
- Full: This means the CameraAPI2’s majority of functions are accessible.
- Limited: As the name referred, you will get merely a limited amount of resources from the Camera API2.
- Legacy: This refers to that your Android device supports the outdated generation Camera1 API.
- External: This provides similar benefits as the limited traits but with a few disadvantages. Nonetheless, it helps the users to utilize external cameras as USB webcams.
How to check camera2 API support on any Android device through ADB Commands?
Besides the above-mentioned procedure, here is another way to check camera2 API support on any Android device through ADB commands. Let us look into the steps mentioned below for a vivid picture.
- Enable the USB Debugging from the developer mode.
- Connect your phone using the cable to the Windows or Mac.
- Now, open the command prompt or PowerShell (Windows) or Terminal Window (macOS)
- Enter command –
adb shell “getprop | grep HAL3”
- If you get the following results
Note: Make sure that you have enabled the developer mode on your device.
Well, these were a few straightforward steps to check camera2 API support on any Android device. You can choose either of the procedures that go according to your convenience.
Perks of camera2 API support
If you’re wondering why to check camera2 API support on any Android device, then here are a bunch of perks that you should comprehend before enabling it.
- Improves the quality of your camera.
- Control features like autofocus, ISO, RAW Capture, and more.
- Enables you to take maximum benefits of your Android camera.
- It can be enabled on all phones that are Android 9 and above that.
Q1- What do you mean by API?
Ans- API- Application Processing Interface refers to software with different functions and the contract of service between two applications.
Q2- What are the benefits of camera2 API?
Ans- The benefits of camera2 API are
Improves the quality of your camera.
Control features like autofocus, ISO, RAW Capture, and more.
Enables you to take maximum benefits of your Android camera.
It can be enabled on all phones that are Android 9 and above that.
Q3- Does camera2 API enhance my camera quality?
Ans- Yes, camera2 API does help you in providing enhanced camera quality.
So that’s a wrap to the article “How to check camera2 API support on any Android device”? So this in the article we have mentioned two ways to process through Camera2 API but you can anyhow go with the one that is at your convenience and with that, I believe that you enjoyed reading the entire article and found it quite helpful. Also, stay in tune with us for the latest updates that are on the way.